Welcome to Baked In The South!
To find more PW recipes, click here!
You may also want to try Pioneer Woman’s Steak Oscar
or her Famous Pot Roast!
or her Mac & Cheese
or her Beef & Snow Peas!
Follow us on Facebook!
Follow us on Instagram!
And be sure to subscribe for weekly recipes delivered straight to your inbox!
- 1 pound Italian Sausage
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 3 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1 whole Large Onion, Diced
- 1 can (28 Ounce Can) Whole Tomatoes, With Juice
- 2 cans (14.5 Ounce) Tomato Sauce Or Marinara Sauce
- 2 teaspoons Italian Seasoning
- ½ teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- Salt And Pepper, to taste
- 16 ounces, weight Ziti, Al Dente
- 1 tub (15 Ounce) Whole Milk Ricotta Cheese
- 1-1/2 pound Mozzarella Cheese, Grated
- ½ cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 whole Egg
- Fresh Minced Parsley
- Heat olive oil in a dutch oven. Add onions and garlic and cook until translucent. Add Italian sausage and ground beef and brown. Drain off fat.
- Add tomatoes, tomato juice, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, and red pepper flakes. Cook for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the ricotta cheese, 2 cups of the grated mozzarella, Parmesan, egg, and salt and pepper.
- Drain the pasta. Pour it into the bowl with the cheese mixture and toss to slightly . Add the meat sauce and toss together.
- Pour mixture into a greased casserole dish. Sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes before serving.