Pioneer Woman's Baked Ziti
- 1 pound Italian Sausage
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 3 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1 whole Large Onion, Diced
- 1 can (28 Ounce Can) Whole Tomatoes, With Juice
- 2 cans (14.5 Ounce) Tomato Sauce Or Marinara Sauce
- 2 teaspoons Italian Seasoning
- ½ teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- Salt And Pepper, to taste
- 16 ounces, weight Ziti, Al Dente
- 1 tub (15 Ounce) Whole Milk Ricotta Cheese
- 1-1/2 pound Mozzarella Cheese, Grated
- ½ cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 whole Egg
- Fresh Minced Parsley
- Heat olive oil in a dutch oven. Add onions and garlic and cook until translucent. Add Italian sausage and ground beef and brown. Drain off fat.
- Add tomatoes, tomato juice, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, and red pepper flakes. Cook for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the ricotta cheese, 2 cups of the grated mozzarella, Parmesan, egg, and salt and pepper.
- Drain the pasta. Pour it into the bowl with the cheese mixture and toss to slightly . Add the meat sauce and toss together.
- Pour mixture into a greased casserole dish. Sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes before serving.