Pioneer Woman's Baked Ziti
- ◾1 pound Italian Sausage
- ◾1 pound Ground Bee
- ◾2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- ◾3 cloves Garlic, Minced
- ◾1 whole Large Onion, Diced
- ◾1 can (28 Ounce Can) Whole Tomatoes, With Juice
- ◾2 cans (14.5 Ounce) Tomato Sauce Or Marinara Sauce
- ◾2 teaspoons Italian Seasoning
- ◾1/2 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- ◾ Salt And Pepper, to taste
- ◾16 ounces, weight Ziti, Al Dente
- ◾1 tub (15 Ounce) Whole Milk Ricotta Cheese
- ◾1-1/2 pound Mozzarella Cheese, Grated
- ◾1/2 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- ◾1 whole Egg
- ◾ Fresh Minced Parsley
- Heat olive oil in a dutch oven. Add onions and garlic and cook until translucent. Add Italian sausage and ground beef and brown. Drain off fat.
- Add tomatoes, tomato juice, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, and red pepper flakes. Cook for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the ricotta cheese, 2 cups of the grated mozzarella, Parmesan, egg, and salt and pepper.
- Drain the pasta. Pour it into the bowl with the cheese mixture and toss to slightly . Add the meat sauce and toss together.
- Pour mixture into a greased casserole dish. Sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes before serving.