Tyler Florence’s Ultimate Shrimp & Grits
I hope you love Tyler Florence’s Ultimate Shrimp & Grits as much as I do! Leave me a comment below if you make it! Be sure to pin the image to save it to your Pinterest boards!
You may also like my other popular recipes! You can find them at the bottom of this post!
Shop Baked In The South Favorites!
Join our FACEBOOK GROUP to see all of our recipes in one place!
And be sure to subscribe for free weekly recipes delivered straight to your inbox!
Thank y’all so much for stopping by! Come on back now, ya here?!
- Grits:2 cups chicken stock
- cup quick cooking grits
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 T butter
- ½ cup cheddar cheese
- salt & pepper
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 2 T flour
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 lb. shrimp peeled & deveined
- ½ lb. chorizo sausage
- 1 green onion chopped
- Add chicken stock to a medium sauce pan and bring to a boil. Slowly whisk in grits and cook for 10 minutes on medium heat. Remove from heat and whisk in heavy cream, butter, cheddar cheese and salt & pepper
- Saute onion & garlic in olive oil until soft.
- Add sausage and cook for 5-7 minutes. Sprinkle with flour and stir to make a roux. Pour in chicken stock, stir until smooth and let simmer for 10 minutes. Add shrimp and poach for 2-3 minutes until bright pink. Add grits to serving bowl, top with shrimp & chorizo mixture. Sprinkle with green onions and serve hot!