This Tyler Florence’s Ultimate Shrimp & Grits is one of my go to favorite recipes. When I first started learning to cook, I was so intimidated to try Shrimp & Grits, but Tyler’s recipe is super easy to follow and comes out amazing everytime! I definitely recommend the chorizo sausage he recommends. Use good chicken stock, and jumbo shrimp. This is a decadent southern dish that you definitely need to include in your southern recipe arsenal. I included some step by step pictures and a printable recipe card! Let me know how it comes out if you try it! He has some old food network videos online that are also super helpful.
- Grits:2 cups chicken stock
- cup quick cooking grits
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 T butter
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- salt & pepper
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 2 T flour
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 lb. shrimp peeled & deveined
- 1/2 lb. chorizo sausage
- 1 green onion chopped
- Add chicken stock to a medium sauce pan and bring to a boil. Slowly whisk in grits and cook for 10 minutes on medium heat. Remove from heat and whisk in heavy cream, butter, cheddar cheese and salt & pepper
- Saute onion & garlic in olive oil until soft.
- Add sausage and cook for 5-7 minutes. Sprinkle with flour and stir to make a roux. Pour in chicken stock, stir until smooth and let simmer for 10 minutes. Add shrimp and poach for 2-3 minutes until bright pink. Add grits to serving bowl, top with shrimp & chorizo mixture. Sprinkle with green onions and serve hot!
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g