Let me know if you try it! Hashtag #bakedinthesouth on Instagram or share in our facebook group!
You can Shop Baked In The South Favorites!
Join our FACEBOOK GROUP to see all of our recipes in one place!
And be sure to subscribe for free weekly recipes delivered straight to your inbox!
Thank y’all so much for stopping by! Come on back now, ya here?!
- ½ pound sweet Italian sausage
- ½ pound lean ground beef
- ½ cup minced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 2 (6.5 ounce) cans canned tomato sauce
- ½ cup water
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 12 lasagna noodles
- 16 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ pound mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a Dutch oven, cook sausage, ground beef, onion, and garlic over medium heat until browned. Add crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, tomato sauce, and water. Add sugar, basil, fennel seeds, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, and 2 tablespoons parsley. Cover and simmer for about 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Cook lasagna noodles in boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes. Drain noodles, and rinse with cold water. In a large mixing bowl, combine ricotta cheese with egg, remaining parsley, and ½ teaspoon salt.
- To assemble, spread 1½ cups of meat sauce in the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish. Arrange 6 noodles lengthwise over meat sauce. Spread with one half of the ricotta cheese mixture. Top with a third of mozzarella cheese slices. Spoon 1½ cups meat sauce over mozzarella, and sprinkle with ¼ cup Parmesan cheese. Repeat layers, and top with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. Cover with foil.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes. Remove foil, and bake an additional 25 minutes. Cool for 15 minutes before serving.
- Recipe adapted from: Pioneer Woman Ree Drummond