I think is possibly one of my all time favorite recipes! sweet potato ham biscuits….boy these puppies are good…seriously, you need to make them. straight away…the sweet potato biscuits are nice and moist and the sweetness pairs well with the dry salty ham. Serve these with honey or a dry mustard. Makes an awesome and unique party appetizer!
Let me know if you try my Sweet Potato Ham Biscuits!
- 3/4 cup cooked mashed sweet potato, about 1 large sweet potato
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup whole milk, as needed
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into small bits
- Place a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 425 degrees F. Grease a baking sheet (with butter, oil or cooking spray).
- In a small bowl, whisk together the sweet potato and 1/3 cup milk. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in the butter with your hands, a pastry blender or two knives until the mixture resembles coarse meal. Add the sweet potato mixture and fold gently to combine. Add the remaining milk a little at a time until all the flour is moistened. The amount of milk you will need will depend on the moisture of the sweet potato.
- Sprinkle a small handful of flour on a work surface. Turn the dough out onto the surface and knead lightly 2 to 3 times with the palm of your hand until the mixture comes together. Pat the dough out into a 1/2-inch-thick round.
- Using a 2 1/2-inch-round biscuit cutter, cut the dough into biscuits. Gently reroll the scraps and cut out more biscuits. Place the biscuits on the prepared baking sheet and bake until light golden brown and firm to the touch, 12 to 14 minutes. Serve these fluffy biscuits warm or at room temperature.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
It is time to up your baking game, start with a better baking set.
And in other news….
spent the day on the water with my good friend Randall. we paddleboarded the rivers in Poquoson and then took a quick boat ride.
the sky was incredible….
I love the fishing boats…
My good friend Chad’s Duck Blind…
I hope you love this recipe as much as I do! Leave me a comment below if you make it! Be sure to pin the image to save it to your Pinterest boards!
Check all of my biscuit’s recipes
You may also like my other appetizer recipes!
Here are my Favorite’s on Amazon!
Visit our Boutique!
Join our FACEBOOK GROUP to see all of our recipes in one place!
And be sure to subscribe for free weekly recipes delivered straight to your inbox!
Thank y’all so much for stopping by! Come on back now, ya here?!
Affiliate Disclaimer: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. When you make purchase using my links, I will get a small commission at no additional cost to you. Also, this doesn’t affect what I write about and how I write in any way. Thanks
This page was last updated on December 04, 2022.