CBD Chocolate Dipped Strawberries courtesy of my girl Becca over at CannaBossMom! She has tons of awesome CBD Recipes! So give her a like and a follow!!!
From top-tier publications to coffee shops, it seems like every person has Cannabidiol (CBD) top of mind.
Given CBD’s recent rise in popularity though, I thought it would be helpful to blog about my experience using CBD. This link, creatively titled CBD 101, will provide my readers with all the information you could want. I am here to help you figure out how best to incorporate this plant-based remedy into your daily routine and how it has helped me in mine. To kick things off, here is the question I get the most – will it make me high?
In layman’s terms, CBD doesn’t make you high.
Consider this – cannabis as the parent or umbrella plant; within the family there are a variety of plant genetics. Hemp is classified as a Cannabis varietal that has less than 0.3% THC. THC (also known as tetrahydrocannabinol) is the psychoactive component of Cannabis. So while Hemp does contain trace levels of THC, the genetic delineation below .3% ensures Hemp will not make you high. Cannabis plants with THC levels above .3% are not Hemp, they are referrred to as cannabis or marijuana; this is the stuff that gets you high.
All forms of Cannabis contain CBD. As a result people often believe that it has the same effect as THC on the human brain and body. This isn’t the case. To understand why CBD is not psychoactive, you need to be aware of one structural difference between the two compounds.
Even though THC and CBD share a nearly exact formula, one critical difference in their molecular structure that gives each compound unique medicinal properties. THC has a cyclic ring while CBD has a hydroxyl group (see Figure 1 below) –– and this one difference is why THC will get you high and why CBD won’t. In fact, CBD is often used to help moderate THC’s effects by alleviating stress and anxiety.
Figure 1. Courtesy of Analytical Cannabis (article linked here)
Therefore, when you are enjoying my high-performance CBD products from Green Compass Global- don’t stress about transforming into the infamous Dude from the film The Big Lebowski. CBD’s non-psychoactive properties will keep you clear headed while reducing pain and inflammation, strengthening your immune system, improving sleep and more.
CBD Chocolate Dipped Strawberries
Check out our other dessert recipes!
- 1 pint fresh strawberries
- ¾ cup chocolate chips (dark, milk, or white)
- ½ teaspoon coconut oil
- 1mL of CBD or desired amount
- Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper and set aside.
- Wash and pat dry your strawberries well. Set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the chocolate chips and coconut oil.
- Microwave 60 seconds. Remove and stir.
- Continue to microwave on 30-second intervals until smooth.
- Using a digital thermometer, ensure the temperature is lower than 240 degrees. If it is, gently stir in the CBD concentrate. If it is not, wait until the temperature is below 240 degrees before stirring in the CBD concentrate.
- Gently dip the strawberries into the chocolate, letting the excess chocolate run off before setting on the lined baking sheet.