lord grant me the serenity not to eat this entire thing by myself….for breakfast…with a double shot latte….
I suppose I shouldn’t eat it for breakfast, since it has bourbon in it and I don’t need a bourbon buzz at 7am…but you only live once they say… and if eating boozy cheesecake for breakfast is wrong, I don’t want to be right…
but seriously, this is the best boozy cheesecake I’ve ever made. The reason I love cheesecake so much, is that you can put just about anything in one, and it will taste amazing.
what’s your favorite cheesecake flavor? and what type of booze would you add?
- 1 cup crushed gingersnap cookies
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup eggnog
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl combine cookie crumbs, 2 tablespoons sugar and butter. Press into the bottom of a 9 inch spring form pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes. Place on a wire rack to cool.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- In a food processor combine cream cheese, 1 cup sugar, flour and eggnog; process until smooth. Blend in eggs, bourbon and nutmeg. Pour mixture into cooled crust.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 250 and bake for 45 minutes, or until center of cake is barely firm to the touch. Remove from the oven and immediately loosen cake from rim. Let cake cool completely before removing the rim.