this stuff is seriously ridiculous! if you like mac & cheese like this girl, you should definitely add this to the recipe arsenal. You may also want to try her Baked Ziti!
or her Beef & Snow Peas
To find more PW recipes, click here!
Join our FACEBOOK GROUP to see all of our recipes in one place!
And be sure to subscribe for free weekly recipes delivered straight to your inbox!
- 4 cups Dried Macaroni
- 1 whole Egg, Beaten
- ¼ cup (1/2 Stick Or 4 Tablespoons) Butter
- ¼ cup All-purpose Flour
- 2-1/2 cups Whole Milk
- 2 teaspoons (heaping) Dry Mustard, More If Desired
- 1 pound Cheese, Grated
- ½ teaspoon Salt, More To Taste
- ½ teaspoon Seasoned Salt, More To Taste
- ½ teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- Cook macaroni according to box directions. Don't overcook. Macaroni should be al dente.
- Make a roux:
- In a large dutch oven melt butter and slowly add in flour. Whisk together over medium-low heat. Cook for five minutes.
- Stir beaten egg into the milk and then add to the mixture. Add mustard, salt and pepper and whisk until smooth. Cook for five minutes until very thick.
- Pour in macaroni and stir to combine.
- Pour into a 9x13 baking dish, top with extra cheese or panko bread crumbs, and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until brown and bubbly.