I hope you love Pioneer Woman Mac & Cheese recipe as much as I do! Leave me a comment below if you make it! Be sure to pin the image to save it to your Pinterest boards!
Did you try this recipe? Hashtag #bakedinthesouth so I can see!
And be sure to subscribe for free weekly recipes delivered straight to your inbox!
Thank y’all so much for stopping by! Come on back now, ya here?!
- 4 cups Dried Macaroni
- 1 whole Egg, Beaten
- ¼ cup (1/2 Stick Or 4 Tablespoons) Butter
- ¼ cup All-purpose Flour
- 2-1/2 cups Whole Milk
- 2 teaspoons (heaping) Dry Mustard, More If Desired
- 1 pound Cheese, Grated
- ½ teaspoon Salt, More To Taste
- ½ teaspoon Seasoned Salt, More To Taste
- ½ teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- Cook macaroni according to box directions. Don't overcook. Macaroni should be al dente.
- Make a roux:
- In a large dutch oven melt butter and slowly add in flour. Whisk together over medium-low heat. Cook for five minutes.
- Stir beaten egg into the milk and then add to the mixture. Add mustard, salt and pepper and whisk until smooth. Cook for five minutes until very thick.
- Pour in macaroni and stir to combine.
- Pour into a 9x13 baking dish, top with extra cheese or panko bread crumbs, and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until brown and bubbly.
Pioneer Woman Mac & Cheese