Put this one in the recipe vault y’all! I’ve always loved baked ziti, and can still remember the first time I had it as a kid. My friend brought leftovers for lunch one day. He heated it up for us and let me try a bite. I remember having my little mind blown…it was absolutely amazing. So when I discovered Pioneer Woman’s Baked Ziti Recipe, I had to try it. Everything Ree Drummond touches turns to gold, so her ziti obviously must be legit. Well I wasn’t surprised to find that this is definitely one of best baked ziti recipe on the planet. seriously good comfort food. I’m clearly obsessed with her, so I have also included several other Pioneer Woman recipes further along in this post for your convenience 🙂
This recipe literally makes enough for ten people, so tell your friends to bring some to-go containers. I made this for a work even recently and it was a big hit. It’s great for pot-lucks or parties or for your neighbors after a new baby.
You may also want to try my other versions of her recipes:
I hope you love this recipe as much as I do! Leave me a comment below if you make it! Be sure to pin the image to save it to your Pinterest boards!
You may also like my other popular recipes! You can find them at the bottom of this post!
Here are my Favorite’s on Amazon!
Visit our Boutique!
Join our FACEBOOK GROUP to see all of our recipes in one place!
And be sure to subscribe for free weekly recipes delivered straight to your inbox!
Thank y’all so much for stopping by! Come on back now, ya here?!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- Two 14.5-ounce cans tomato sauce or marinara sauce
- One 28-ounce can whole tomatoes with juice
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound ziti
- 1 1/2 pounds mozzarella, grated
- One 15-ounce tub whole-milk ricotta
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, plus more for sprinkling
- 2 eggs
- Heat olive oil in a dutch oven. Add onions and garlic and cook until translucent. Add Italian sausage and ground beef and brown. Drain off fat.
- Add tomatoes, tomato juice, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, and red pepper flakes. Cook for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the ricotta cheese, 2 cups of the grated mozzarella, Parmesan, egg, and salt and pepper.
- Drain the pasta. Pour it into the bowl with the cheese mixture and toss to slightly . Add the meat sauce and toss together.
- Pour mixture into a greased casserole dish. Sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g