I have this little secret about how I get friends to come over on Sundays and watch movies with me….it’s called Pioneer Woman Baked Ziti. This stuff is seriously good comfort food.
I have also included several other Pioneer Woman recipes further along in this post for your convenience:)
You may also want to try Pioneer Woman’s Steak Oscar
or her Mac & Cheese
or her Beef & Snow Peas
To find more PW recipes, click here!
Join our FACEBOOK GROUP to see all of our recipes in one place!
And be sure to subscribe for free weekly recipes delivered straight to your inbox!
Here is one of my all time favorites, Pioneer Woman’s Pot Roast!
and here is the best Baked Ziti you’ll ever make!
This recipe literally makes enough for ten people, so tell your friends to bring some to-go containers. I made this for a work even recently and it was a big hit. It’s great for pot-lucks or parties or for your neighbors after a new baby.
You can find more goodness here:
- Recipes & Meal Plans
- Free Printables & Graphics
- Art & Photography
- Interior Design and Home Tours
- DIY Projects
- Essential Oils & Naturopathic Remedies
- Online Business Strategies & Marketing Tips
Pioneer Woman’s Baked Ziti Recipe
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- Two 14.5-ounce cans tomato sauce or marinara sauce
- One 28-ounce can whole tomatoes with juice
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound ziti
- 1½ pounds mozzarella, grated
- One 15-ounce tub whole-milk ricotta
- ½ cup grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, plus more for sprinkling
- 2 eggs
- Heat olive oil in a dutch oven. Add onions and garlic and cook until translucent. Add Italian sausage and ground beef and brown. Drain off fat.
- Add tomatoes, tomato juice, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, and red pepper flakes. Cook for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the ricotta cheese, 2 cups of the grated mozzarella, Parmesan, egg, and salt and pepper.
- Drain the pasta. Pour it into the bowl with the cheese mixture and toss to slightly . Add the meat sauce and toss together.
- Pour mixture into a greased casserole dish. Sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes before serving.