BRING THE FLAVOR OF THE MEDITERRANEAN TO YOUR PARTY WITH THESE FLAVORFUL AND TENDER MEATBALLS!
- Tzaziki Cucumber Yogurt
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) plain 2% Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) finely chopped seedless cucumber
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 tbsp (7 mL) fresh lime juice
- 1/8 tsp (.5 mL) each salt and sugar
- 1 lb (450 g) 85% lean ground lamb, lean ground beef or ground turkey
- 1/2 small finely chopped red onion (1/4 cup/50 mL)
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) curry powder
- 1/8 tsp (.5 mL) each cayenne pepper, chili powder and ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) fresh bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- Prepare the grill for direct cooking over medium-high heat (400-450°F/200-230°C).
- Combine all the cucumber yogurt ingredients in a small bowl and mix well. Cover and refrigerate until you’re ready to serve.
- For the meatballs, combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and mix gently until thoroughly combined. Using the Large Scoop, shape the meat mixture into 12 meatballs.
- Grill, covered, 8-10 minutes, turning halfway through cooking or until internal temperature reaches 160°F/71°C (for well-done). Remove from the grill.
- Serve the meatballs with Cucumber Yogurt. Serve in split pita pockets, naan bread, or lettuce wraps.
- 12 meatballs
6 servings of 2 meatballs about 2 1/2 tbsp ( 37 mL) sauce
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 250, Total Fat 16 g, Saturated Fat 7 g, Cholesterol 105 mg, Sodium 340 mg, Carbohydrate 4 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 22 g