Follow us on Facebook!
Follow us on Instagram!
And be sure to subscribe for weekly recipes delivered straight to your inbox!
[contact-form][contact-field label=”Name” type=”name” required=”true” /][contact-field label=”Email” type=”email” required=”true” /][contact-field label=”Website” type=”url” /][contact-field label=”Message” type=”textarea” /][/contact-form]
- 2–3 lbs (1–1½ kg) corned beef brisket
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 medium onion
- 2 carrots
- 6 small red potatoes (1 lb/450 g)
- 3 cups (750 mL) water
- ½ green cabbage, cut into wedges
- 1 container (7.5 oz/212 g) chive & onion cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup (50 mL) milk
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) prepared horseradish
- Trim any excess fat from the brisket and place it in the Rockcrok® Dutch Oven along with the pressed garlic.
- Peel and chop the onion and carrots, then cut the potatoes into quarters. Add the vegetables and water to the Dutch oven.
- Place the Dutch oven in the Rockcrok® Slow Cooker Stand and cook on LOW for 8 hours.
- Transfer the beef to a cutting board. Add the cabbage to the Rockcrok® and microwave it on HIGH for 8–10 minutes, or until the cabbage is tender. Slice the corned beef.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine all of the ingredients for the sauce. Serve with the corned beef and vegetables.
- 8–10 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. Nutrients per Serving: Calories 420, Total Fat 28 g, Saturated Fat 11 g, Cholesterol 130 mg, Sodium 970, Carbohydrate 18 g, Fiber 3 g, Sugars 6 g, Protein 25 g