Pioneer Woman Chicken & Dumplings
Y’all know how I feel about Pioneer Woman’s Recipes! She is my all time favorite blogger and home chef. Her food is super simple to prepare and is always hearty & delicious. This in one of the best dumpling recipes ever!!!
Check my take on Pioneer Woman chicken and dumplings recipe. You can take a print, go shopping, and follow the simple steps to make this delicious recipe.
The printable chicken and dumplings recipe Pioneer Woman is straightforward. If you want detailed instructions on how to make Pioneer Woman chicken and dumpling recipe, here those are.
Check simple, almost instant Ree Drummond chicken and dumplings recipe here.
- 1 can Pillsbury Homestyle Biscuits
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2 cans, 10 3/4 oz each cream of mushroom or chicken soup
- 1 bag, 12 oz Green Giant™ Valley Fresh Steamers™ frozen mixed vegetables,
- Cooking spray
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 9x13 dish with cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, stir together chicken and soups and vegetables. Spread on bottom of baking dish.
- Top with biscuits
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes or until top is completely golden brown
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
Ree Drummond Chicken and Dumplings Recipe
The printable recipe is easy and straightforward, made with precooked ingredients and by using mostly the prepared ingredients. You can make everything at home and make sure you get the best taste you can from chicken and dumplings Ree Drummond recipe.
Here are the ingredients you will need for making the Pioneer Woman chicken and dumpling recipe.
- Butter, 2 tablespoons
- Olive oil, 2 tablespoons
- 1 whole chicken in cut-up fryer
- Black pepper, freshly ground, and salt
- 1/2 Cup diced carrots, take fine diced
- 1/2 cup finely diced celery
- 1 medium onion, diced finely
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 6 cups chicken broth, take low-sodium broth
- All purpose flour, 1 and a half cups
- Yellow cornmeal, 1/2 cup
- Baking powder, 1 heaping tablespoon
- Kosher salt, 1 teaspoon
- 2 cups half-and-half
- All-purpose flour, 2 tablespoons
- Fresh parsley, 2 tablespoons, minced
- Salt, as needed
Directions For the Best Chicken and Dumpling Recipe Pioneer Woman
1) Start with the chicken, take a pot, take the butter, melt the butter in the pot over medium to high flame.
2) Add the olive to the butter
3) Put salt and pepper on chicken, don’t put much of it, only sprinkle it
4) Make 2 batches of the chicken
5) Brown both batchen of chicken on both sides and take it out into a clean plate.
6) Add diced carrots, celery, and onions to the same pot you started with
7) Put the pot on medium to low flame and stir and cook for about 4 minutes
8) Add ground thyme and turmeric and stir again
9) Add the chicken broth now and stir to mix everything
10) Cover the pot with a lid and let the mix simmer for 20 minutes
11) Let’s move to the dumplings, make the dough for the dumplings while the chicken is simmering
12) Sift flour, cornmeal, salt, baking powder together in a bowl and add one and a half cups of half-and-half. Keep stirring gently to make a harmonious mix.
13) Once the mix is ready, set it aside and move on to the next step
14) Now take out the chicken from the pot onto a plate
15) Separate the chicken from the bones by using forks
16) Put the chicken back into the pot after shredding it
17) Mix the chicken with with the remaining all purpose flour and the remaining half cup of half-and-half and stir it until combined
18) Put the dumpling dough as tablespoons into the simmering pot
19) Add minced parsley
20) Let the mix simmer for another 15 minutes
21) Check the mix for seasoning and add salt if you want
22) Remove from the stove and let it sit for about 10 minutes before serve it
I have also included several other Pioneer Woman recipes further along in this post for your convenience:) This chicken and dumplings pioneer woman is another delicious and easy to make.
You may also want to try Pioneer Woman’s Steak Oscar
or her Mac & Cheese
or her Pot Roast
or her Beef & Snow Peas
It is time to upgrade your cookware. Check my recommendation before you make the purchase. I have researched all the suggestion to help you buy the best.
Buy everything in one place check this link.
Best Overall Cookware Set : Cuisinart MCP-12N MultiClad Pro Triple Ply 12-Piece Cookware Set, PC, Silver
Best Cheap Cookware Set : GreenPan Hudson Healthy Ceramic Nonstick, 8 Piece Cookware Pots and Pans Set, Vintage Wood Inspired Handle, PFAS-Free, Dishwasher Safe, Black
Best Heavy Duty Cookware Set: All-Clad Brushed D5 Stainless Cookware Set, Pots and Pans, 5-Ply Stainless Steel, Professional Grade, 10-Piece
Best Nonstick Cookware Set: Ninja C39800 Foodi NeverStick Premium 12-Piece Cookware Set, Hard-Anodized, Nonstick, Durable & Oven Safe to 500°F, Slate Grey
Best Copper Cookware Set: Lagostina Martellata Hammered Copper 18/10 Tri-Ply Stainless Steel Cookware Set, 10-Piece, Copper
Best Ceramic Cookware Set : Bialetti Cookware, Ceramic Pro 10-Piece Set
Join our FACEBOOK GROUP to see all of our recipes in one place!
And be sure to subscribe for free weekly recipes delivered straight to your inbox!
I have two versions of chicken and dumplings Pioneer Woman recipe. Check all the Pioneer Women recipes that I tried; I am sure you will like them.
Affiliate Disclaimer: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. When you make purchase using my links, I will get a small commission at no additional cost to you. Also, this doesn’t affect what I write about and how I write in any way. Thanks
This chicken and dumplings recipe Ree Drummond page was last updated on December 01, 2022.