MUSHROOM, HERB AND GRUYERE CHEESE MINI TURNOVERS
Mushroom, Herb and Gruyere Cheese Mini Turnovers
- 2 cups Cremini mushrooms
- 1 Onion
- 3/4 tsp Rosemary, dried
- 3/4 tsp Thyme, dried
- 1 Egg
- 2 tbsp Flour
- 1 Salt & fresh ground pepper
- Oils & Vinegars
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 sheets Puff pastry
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1/3 cup Gruyere cheese
- 1/2 cup Heavy cream
- Beer, Wine & Liquor
- 3 tbsp Kendall-jackson vintner's reserve chardonnay
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a skillet, heat up the olive oil and butter.
- Add the chopped onion and saute for about 1 minute.
- Add the chopped mushrooms, thyme, rosemary and salt & pepper.
- Cook until the onions and mushrooms are tender and there is no moisture left from the mushrooms.
- Then stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in the Chardonnay and cream.
- Remove from the heat, and stir in the Gruyere cheese. Set aside.
- On your counter, lay out the puff pastry with the parchment paper it came with still attached.
- Using a pizza cutter cutter, cut the pastry into 16 pieces.
- Scoop about 1 tbsp of the mushroom mixture into the centre of the dough (do not overfill or they will leak).
- Then fold the dough in half and press the edges to seal them.
- Place the mini turnovers onto your prepared baking sheet, at least 1 inch apart.
- Brush the sealed edges and tops of the turnovers with the egg mixture.
- Repeat the above with the other puff pastry sheet and remaining mushroom mixture.
- Bake each tray for about 15 minutes, or until the tops are golden brown.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
Recipe Credit: A Pretty Life In The Suburbs
Affiliate Disclaimer: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. When you make purchase using my links, I will get a small commission at no additional cost to you. Also, this doesn’t affect what I write about and how I write in any way. Thanks
This page was last updated on December 15, 2022.