I’m going to tell you a secret…
and here it is…
if you want a man to fall in love with you…
make him Julia Child’s Boeuf Bourguignon.
yep, it’s that simple
works every time…
I hope you love this recipe as much as I do! Leave me a comment below if you make it! Be sure to pin the image to save it to your Pinterest boards!
You may also like my other popular recipes! You can find them at the bottom of this post!
Here are my Favorite’s on Amazon!
Visit our Boutique!
Join our FACEBOOK GROUP to see all of our recipes in one place!
And be sure to subscribe for free weekly recipes delivered straight to your inbox!
Thank y’all so much for stopping by! Come on back now, ya here?!
- 8 oz bacon
- 3 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 pounds lean stewing beef, cut into 2-inch cubes
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 bottle of red wine, young and full-bodied (like Beaujolais, Cotes du Rhone or Burgundy)
- 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 cups brown beef stock
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 cloves mashed garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- A crumbled bay leaf
- 18 to 24 white onions, small
- Herb bouquet, 4 parsley sprigs, one-half bay leaf, one-quarter teaspoon thyme, tied in cheesecloth
- 1 pound mushrooms, fresh and quartered
- I also added 1 lb. of potatoes
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Slice bacon into this strips and saute in 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a flameproof casserole over moderate heat until brown and crisp.
- Remove to a side dish with a slotted spoon.
- Dry beef in paper towels; it will not brown if it is damp. Toss the beef in the flour. Heat fat in casserole until almost smoking. Add beef, a few pieces at a time, and saute until nicely browned on all sides. Add it to the bacon on the side.
- In the same fat, brown the vegetables.
- Return the beef and bacon to the casserole and toss with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Stir in wine and 2 to 3 cups stock, just enough so that the meat is barely covered.
- Add the tomato paste, garlic, herbs. Bring to a simmer on top of the stove.
- Cover casserole and set in lower third of oven. Cook for 4-5 hours. The meat is done when a fork pierces it easily.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g