Garden & Gun Bourbon Pecan PiePrint Recipe
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups dark corn syrup
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. all-purpose flour
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 tbsp. bourbon
- 1 1/2 tbsp. melted sweet butter
- 1 1/2 cups pecans
- For the pie crust: Place flour and salt in bowl, and cut in lard until mixture resembles small peas. In a Pyrex measuring cup, combine vinegar and egg, and add water to make ¹⁄³ cup liquid. Slowly add liquid to the flour mixture, forming dough. Do not overwork. Remove from bowl, halve, and pat into disks. If not using immediately, cover in plastic wrap and chill.
- Roll out one dough disk and fit in 9-inch pie pan, crimping edges.
- For the Bourbon Pecan Pie filling: Using a hand mixer, combine sugar, syrup, salt, flour, and eggs, mixing well. Stir in remaining ingredients and pour into unbaked pie shell.
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes (a toothpick inserted in center should come out relatively clean). Remove from oven and place on cooling rack, allowing pie to rest for 2 to 3 hours to set.