Toasted Carmel Pecan Cupcakes with Bourbon Buttercream
- 1 box of Devil's Food Cake Mix ( I like Betty Crocker)
- 11/4 cup water
- ⅓ cup of oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups Toasted Pecans (set aside 1 cup for garnish)
- Carmel Syrup (found with the ice cream)
- Bourbon Vanilla Buttercream
- 2lb. bag of confectioner’s sugar
- 2 sticks of butter (room temp)
- 1 8 oz package of cream cheese (room temp)
- For cupcakes: Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line 24 muffin tins with cupcake liners. In a large mixing bowl, beat cake mix, water, eggs & oil on low for 30 seconds, then medium for two minutes. Stir in 1 cup of Toasted Pecans. Pour cupcake mix into cupcake liners until each is ⅔ full. Bake for 18-24 minutes. Let cool completely before frosting!
- For frosting: Beat together softened butter, confectioners sugar and cream cheese and 2 tsp. lemon extract until creamy & smooth. I use a large pastry bag and large frosting tip (1M). Fill bag with frosting and frost away. To get the fancy high top. Start with frosting tip on outer edge of cupcake and frost in a counterclockwise motion all the way around cupcake several times working your way towards the center. Garnish with toasted pecans and carmel syrup!!!