Lucky Charm Cupcakes with a Bourbon Vanilla Cream Cheese FrostingPrint Recipe
- 1 box of White Cake Mix I like Betty Crocker White Super Moist
- 11/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup of oil
- 3 eggs
- Lucky Charms
- purple food coloring optional
- Bourbon Vanilla
- 2 lb. bag of confectioner's sugar
- 2 sticks of butter room temp
- 1 8 oz package of cream cheese room temp
- For cupcakes: Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line 24 muffin tins with cupcake liners. In a large mixing bowl, beat cake mix, water, eggs & oil on low for 30 seconds, then medium for two minutes. Pour cupcake mix into cupcake liners until each is 2/3 full. Add a few drops of purple food coloring and swirl into batter. Add in a few pieces of lucky charms and stir into batter. Bake for 18-24 minutes. Let cool completely before frosting!
- For frosting: Beat together softened butter, confectioners sugar and cream cheese and 2 tsp. vanilla until creamy & smooth. I use a large pastry bag and large frosting tip (1M). Fill bag with frosting and frost away. To get the fancy high top. Start with frosting tip on outer edge of cupcake and frost in a counterclockwise motion all the way around cupcake several times working your way towards the center. Garnish with Lucky Charms!