I’ve been wanting to try this Barefoot Contessa Lobster Mac & Cheese recipe and finally got a hold of some lobsters yesterday. It came out delish! But next time, I think I would just use cheddar cheese, rather than the Gruyere. It was a little too strong for my liking. and sort of overpowers the flavor of the lobster, which, in my opinion, should be the center of this dish. None the less, you should definitely try it:) Printable Recipe below!!!
I hope you love this recipe as much as I do! Leave me a comment below if you make it! Be sure to pin the image to save it to your Pinterest boards!
You may also like my other popular recipes!
Pioneer Woman’s Steak Oscar
Pioneer Woman’s Pot Roast
Join our FACEBOOK GROUP to see all of our recipes in one place!
Did you try this recipe? Hashtag #bakedinthesouth so I can see!
And be sure to subscribe for free weekly recipes delivered straight to your inbox!
Thank y’all so much for stopping by! Come on back now, ya here?!
Barefoot Contessa Lobster Mac & CheesePrint Recipe
- Kosher salt
- Vegetable oil
- 1 pound cavatappi or elbow macaroni
- 1 quart milk
- 8 tablespoons 1 stick unsalted butter, divided
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 12 ounces Gruyere cheese grated (4 cups)
- 8 ounces extra-sharp Cheddar grated (2 cups)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1/2 pounds cooked lobster meat
- 1 1/2 cups fresh white bread crumbs 5 slices, crusts removed
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cook pasta according to directions
- To make the roux: In a large pan, melt 6 tablespoons of butter and add flour. Cook over low heat for 2 minutes, stirring with a whisk. Whisk in the milk and cook for a minute or two more, until roux is thick. Stir in the Gruyere, Cheddar, salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Fold in the cooked macaroni and lobster. Place the mixture in baking dish.
- Melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter, combine with the fresh bread crumbs, and sprinkle on the top. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until the sauce is bubbly and the macaroni is browned on the top.