- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon mirin, Japanese sweet wine
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 4 6 ounce tuna steaks
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- wasabi paste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a small bowl, stir together the soy sauce, mirin, honey and sesame oil. Divide into two equal parts. Stir the rice vinegar into one part and set aside as a dipping sauce.
- Spread the sesame seeds out on a plate. Coat the tuna steaks with the remaining soy sauce mixture, then press into the sesame seeds to coat.
- Heat olive oil in a cast iron skillet over high heat until very hot. Place steaks in the pan, and sear for about 30 seconds on each side. Serve with the dipping sauce and wasabi paste.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g