- •1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- •2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- •1 tablespoon minced shallot
- •1 small garlic clove, finely grated
- •1/4 teaspoon kosher salt plus more for seasoning
- •Freshly ground black pepper
- •2 large bunches of kale, about 1 1/2 pounds total, center stem discarded, leaves thinly sliced ( I actually dice the leaves into small bits)
- •12 ounces brussels sprouts, trimmed, finely grated or shredded with a knife
- •1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- •1/3 cup almonds with skins, coarsely chopped
- •1 cup finely grated Pecorino
- Whisk lemon juice, Dijon mustard, shallot, garlic, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and a pinch of pepper in a small bowl. Set aside to let flavors to blend. Mix thinly sliced kale and shredded brussels sprouts in a large bowl.
- Heat 1 Tbsp oil in small skillet. Add almonds to skillet and stir frequently until golden brown in spots, about 2 minutes. Transfer nuts to a paper towel–lined plate. Sprinkle almonds lightly with salt.
- Whisk ½ cup olive oil in cup into lemon-juice mixture. Season dressing to taste with salt and pepper. DO AHEAD: Dressing, kale mixture, and toasted almonds can be prepared 8 hours ahead. Cover dressing and kale mixture separately and chill. Cover almonds and let stand at room temperature.
- Add dressing and cheese to kale mixture; toss to coat. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Garnish with almonds.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g