- 4 chicken breasts skinless and boneless
- 4 thin slices prosciutto di Parma
- 1/2 pound Gruyere, grated
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and finely minced
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- Extra-virgin olive oil or olive oil spray
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Lay the chicken breast between 2 pieces of plastic wrap. Pound the chicken using flat mallet to 1/4-inch thickness. Remove the top sheet of plastic and lay 1 slice of prosciutto over the top and sprinkle a quarter of the cheese over the prosciutto.
Roll the chicken like a jellyroll up and wrap inside the plastic wrap. Squeeze the roll gently to seal and twist both ends of plastic wrap. Repeat with remaining chicken.
Season the flour with salt and pepper. Mix the breadcrumbs, thyme, garlic and kosher salt, pepper, and melted butter. Beat together the eggs.
Remove the plastic wrap. Roll the chicken in the flour, dip in the egg mixture and then coat in the breadcrumbs. Coat a baking pan with olive oil spray and carefully transfer the roulades onto it. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until browned and cooked through.