OMG! This PF Chang’s Sesame Chicken Recipe is sooooo good! It takes some time to prepare, but it’s totally worth it! Taste’s just like the restaurant version, only better!
I hope you love this recipe as much as I do! Leave me a comment below if you make it! Be sure to pin the image to save it to your Pinterest boards!
You may also like my other popular recipes!
Pioneer Woman’s Steak Oscar
Pioneer Woman’s Pot Roast
Join our FACEBOOK GROUP to see all of our recipes in one place!
Did you try this recipe? Hashtag #bakedinthesouth so I can see!
And be sure to subscribe for free weekly recipes delivered straight to your inbox!
Thank y’all so much for stopping by! Come on back now, ya here?!
PF Chang's Sesame ChickenPrint Recipe
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 dash sesame oil
- 1 pound skinless boneless chicken
- breast meat - cubed
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon chili paste
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- 1- quart vegetable oil for frying
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 4 cups cooked white rice
- Whisk together flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and baking powder into a bowl. Pour in 2 tablespoons soy sauce, sherry, 2 tablespoons water, 1 teaspoon vegetable oil, and a dash of sesame oil and mix until smooth. Fold in chicken until coated with the batter, then cover, and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan, bring chicken broth, sugar, vinegar, dark soy sauce, sesame oil, chili paste, and garlic to a simmer over high heat. Dissolve 1/4 cup cornstarch into 1/2 cup of water, and stir into boiling sauce. Simmer until the sauce thickens. Reduce heat to low, and keep sauce warm.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to a temperature of 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Drop-in half the battered chicken pieces, and fry until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove chicken to a paper towel covered plate and repeat with the remaining chicken. Toss fried chicken pieces in the hot sauce. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds to garnish. Serve over hot cooked rice.