OMG! This PF Chang’s Sesame Chicken Recipe is sooooo good! It takes some time to prepare, but it’s totally worth it! Taste’s just like the restaurant version, only better!
I hope you love this recipe as much as I do! Leave me a comment below if you make it! Be sure to pin the image to save it to your Pinterest boards!
Before you start, see if you have right mixing bowls. Upgrade your mixing bowls today.
- Mixing Bowls with Airtight Lids，6 piece Stainless Steel Metal Nesting Storage Bowls by Umite Chef, Non-Slip Bottoms Size 7, 3.5, 2.5, 2.0,1.5, 1QT, Great for Mixing & Serving (Khaki）
- COOK WITH COLOR Plastic Mixing Bowls with Lids – 12 Piece Nesting Bowls Set includes 6 Prep Bowls and 6 Lids, Microwave Safe Mixing Bowl Set (Blue Ombre)
- PriorityChef Premium Mixing Bowls With Lids, Inner Measurement Marks and Thicker Stainless Steel 5 Pc Bowl Set, Sizes 1.5/2/3/4/5 Qt
- JoyJolt Stainless Steel Mixing Bowl Set of 6 Mixing Bowls. 5qt Large Mixing Bowl to 0.5qt Small Metal Bowl. Kitchen, Cooking and Storage Nesting Bowls. Dough, Batter and Baking Bowls
You may also like my other popular recipes!
Pioneer Woman’s Steak Oscar
Pioneer Woman’s Pot Roast
Join our FACEBOOK GROUP to see all of our recipes in one place!
Did you try this recipe? Hashtag #bakedinthesouth so I can see!
And be sure to subscribe for free weekly recipes delivered straight to your inbox!
Thank y’all so much for stopping by! Come on back now, ya here?!
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 dash sesame oil
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken
- breast meat - cubed
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon chili paste
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- 1- quart vegetable oil for frying
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 4 cups cooked white rice
- Whisk together flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and baking powder into a bowl. Pour in 2 tablespoons soy sauce, sherry, 2 tablespoons water, 1 teaspoon vegetable oil, and a dash of sesame oil and mix until smooth. Fold in chicken until coated with the batter, then cover, and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan, bring chicken broth, sugar, vinegar, dark soy sauce, sesame oil, chili paste, and garlic to a simmer over high heat. Dissolve 1/4 cup cornstarch into 1/2 cup of water, and stir into boiling sauce. Simmer until the sauce thickens. Reduce heat to low, and keep sauce warm.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to a temperature of 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Drop-in half the battered chicken pieces, and fry until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove chicken to a paper towel covered plate and repeat with the remaining chicken. Toss fried chicken pieces in the hot sauce. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds to garnish. Serve over hot cooked rice.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
Affiliate Disclaimer: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. When you make purchase using my links, I will get a small commission at no additional cost to you. Also, this doesn’t affect what I write about and how I write in any way. Thanks
This post was last updated on November 23, 2022.