This is my all-time favorite and most popular steak marinade. The citrus really helps to tenderize the meat and leaves it with an amazing flavor. For this recipe, I used flank steak and marinated it for several hours. This Citrus Marinated Flank Steak is a recipe you must try on your next barbecue.
You could use this marinade on literally any cut of meat. Here’s some quick tips on which cut to choose. The four most popular and expensive cuts are Ribeye, T-bone, Strip and Tenderloin. They’re great for cooking a delicious meal on the Big Green Egg.
- The juice of 1 orange
- The juice of 2 limes
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon chipotle chili powder
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 pound flank steak
- With a small, sharp paring knife score the steak on both sides.
- Combine the orange juice, lime juice, olive oil, garlic, chili powder, cumin and salt in the bowl of a food processor or blender; puree until smooth. Place the steak in a large, resealable plastic bag and pour the marinade over it. Press out the air, seal the bag and marinate at room temperature for at least 2 hours.
- Prepare the coals on the grill until they are glowing red with a white ash around them. Drain and discard the marinade and place the steak 4 inches over the coals; sear quickly, about 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
- Move the steak away from the direct heat, cover the grill and continue to cook until the internal temperature reaches 135 F, about 7 to 10 minutes longer. Remove the steak from the grill and allow to rest for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
Join our FACEBOOK GROUP to see all of our recipes in one place!
Did you try this recipe? Hashtag #bakedinthesouth so I can see!
And be sure to subscribe for free weekly recipes delivered straight to your inbox!