It’s Fall Y’all! Sharing my version of Paula Deen Pumpkin Pie Recipe!!! If you’re like me, I’d eat pie for breakfast if I could. I always serve pie with French vanilla ice cream. There is truly nothing better
Get this baking dish for pumpkin pie before you start with the recipe.
Paula Deen Cookbooks
- Paula Deen s Air Fryer Cookbook
- Paula Deen’s Southern Baking: 125 Favorite Recipes from My Savannah Kitchen
- Paula Deen’s Southern Cooking Bible: The New Classic Guide to Delicious Dishes with More Than 300 Recipes
- At the Southern Table with Paula Deen
- Paula Deen Cuts the Fat: 250 Favorite Recipes All Lightened Up
- Paula Deen’s My First Cookbook
- Paula Deen’s Kitchen Classics: The Lady & Sons Savannah Country Cookbook and The Lady & Sons, Too
- Paula Deen Celebrates!: Best Dishes and Best Wishes for the Best Times of Your Life
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups canned pumpkin, mashed
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg plus 2 egg yolks, slightly beaten
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1/4 cup 1/2 stick melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger, optional
- 1 piece pre-made pie dough
- Whipped cream, for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place 1 piece of pre-made pie dough down into a (9-inch) pie pan and press down along the bottom and all sides. Pinch and crimp the edges together to make a pretty pattern. Put the pie shell back into the freezer for 1 hour to firm up. Fit a piece of aluminum foil to cover the inside of the shell completely. Fill the shell up to the edges with pie weights or dried beans (about 2 pounds) and place it in the oven. Bake for 10 minutes, remove the foil and pie weights and bake for another 10 minutes or until the crust is dried out and beginning to color.
- For the filling, in a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese with a hand mixer. Add the pumpkin and beat until combined. Add the sugar and salt, and beat until combined. Add the eggs mixed with the yolks, half-and-half, and melted butter, and beat until combined. Finally, add the vanilla, cinnamon, and ginger, if using, and beat until incorporated.
- Pour the filling into the warm prepared pie crust and bake for 50 minutes, or until the center is set. Place the pie on a wire rack and cool to room temperature. Cut into slices and top each piece with a generous amount of whipped cream.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
Check all the Paula Deen recipes I have tried!
Paula Deen’s Traditional Southern Deviled Eggs
Paula Deen’s Apple Pie
Paula Deen Chicken Fried Steak
Paula Deen’s Cranberry Meatballs
Paula Deen’s Sausage Balls
Paula Deen’s Hashbrown Casserole
Paula Deen’s Green Bean Casserole
Paula Deen’s Sausage Balls
Join our FACEBOOK GROUP to see all of our recipes in one place!
Did you try this recipe? Hashtag #bakedinthesouth so I can see!
And be sure to subscribe for free weekly recipes delivered straight to your inbox!
Affiliate Disclaimer: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. When you make purchase using my links, I will get a small commission at no additional cost to you. Also, this doesn’t affect what I write about and how I write in any way. Thanks
This page was last updated on November 27, 2022.