Y’all know how I feel about my girl, Ree Drummond, aka Pioneer Woman, so I decided to create this thread about Pioneer Woman’s Pot Roast. I have also included several other PW recipes further along in this post for your convenience:)
You may also want to try Pioneer Woman’s Steak Oscar
or her Mac & Cheese
or her Beef & Snow Peas
To find more PW recipes, click here!
Join our FACEBOOK GROUP to see all of our recipes in one place!
And be sure to subscribe for free weekly recipes & giveaways delivered straight to your inbox!
Here is one of my all time favorites, Pioneer Woman’s Baked Ziti!
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- One 3 to 5-pound chuck roast
- 2 or 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 whole onions, peeled and halved
- 6 to 8 whole carrots, unpeeled, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 cup red wine, optional
- 3 cups beef broth
- 2 or 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 or 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- Season the roast with salt & pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in large pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the halved onions to the pot, browning them on both sides. Remove the onions to a plate.
- Add carrots to pot and cook until slightly browned. Remove the carrots and place with the onions.
- Add more olive oil to the pot. Sear the meat for about a minute on all sides until it is nice and brown all over. Remove the roast and tent with foil.
- Deglaze the pot with either red wine or beef broth (about 1 cup) scraping up the brown bits on the bottom. Place the roast and vegetables back into the pot and add enough beef stock to cover the meat halfway.
- Add the fresh herbs.
- Put the lid on, and cook on low-medium heat for 4-5 hours.
Do you like this Pioneer Woman’s Pot Roast Recipe? Don’t forget to Subscribe, Leave comments below, and Follow our Page for more updated Recipes.