- 2 heads of Romaine Hearts (rinsed & chopped)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped cucumbers
- 1/2 red onion, sliced thin
- 1 cup feta cheese
- 1 cup kalamata olives
- shredded carrots
- 1 cup garlic croutons
one package of Good Seasoning Italian Dressing mix, prepared according to directions using balsamic dressing.
FAQs about Greek Salad with Balsamic Dressing
How long does Greek salad last in the fridge?
A Greek salad typically contains fresh vegetables and cheese, so it should be stored in the refrigerator to keep the ingredients fresh. When properly stored in the refrigerator, a Greek salad can last for 3-5 days.
To store a Greek salad, place it in an airtight container and keep it in the refrigerator. If the salad contains any leftover meat or seafood, it should be eaten within 2 days to prevent the risk of foodborne illness.
It’s important to keep the salad ingredients as fresh as possible to ensure the best taste and texture. If the vegetables start to wilt or the cheese becomes hard, the salad may not be as enjoyable to eat. If you’re not sure whether the salad is still safe to eat, it’s best to throw it out to avoid the risk of food poisoning.
How to make balsamic vinaigrette dressing?
The taste of homemade balsamic vinaigrette dressing is something else, Next time you make Greek salad, make the vinaigrette dressing at home. Here is the recipe.
To make balsamic vinaigrette dressing, you will need the following ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk together the balsamic vinegar, minced garlic, Dijon mustard, salt, and black pepper.
- Slowly drizzle in the olive oil while whisking constantly.
- Continue whisking until the dressing is well combined and emulsified.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning as needed. You may want to add more salt or pepper, or a pinch of sugar to balance out the acidity of the vinegar.
- Transfer the dressing to a jar or bottle with a tight-fitting lid and store in the refrigerator until ready to use. The dressing will keep in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Note: You can also add other ingredients to your vinaigrette, such as honey, herbs, or a splash of citrus juice to add more flavor. Feel free to experiment with different combinations to find the perfect balance for your taste preferences.
How long does balsamic vinaigrette last in the fridge?
Balsamic vinaigrette dressing can last for up to 1 week in the refrigerator when stored in an airtight container. The acidity of the vinegar helps to preserve the dressing and prevent the growth of bacteria, but it’s still important to handle and store the dressing properly to ensure its safety.
To store balsamic vinaigrette dressing, transfer it to a jar or bottle with a tight-fitting lid and place it in the refrigerator. Make sure to close the lid securely to prevent any contamination from the air.
It’s a good idea to label the container with the date it was made so you can keep track of how long it’s been in the refrigerator. If the dressing develops any off odors or flavors, or if it appears to be spoiled in any way, it’s best to discard it to avoid the risk of food poisoning.
Check all my salad recipes here.
- Kale Super Food Salad with Pomegranate Vinaigrette
- How to make macaroni salad?
- Italian Caprese Chopped Salad
- Ina Garten Chicken Salad Recipe
- Caprese Salad Recipe
- Classic Greek Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette Recipe
- Pork Tenderloin Recipe with Tortellini Caesar Salad
Affiliate Disclaimer: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. When you make purchase using my links, I will get a small commission at no additional cost to you. Also, this doesn’t affect what I write about and how I write in any way. Thanks
This page was last updated on December 25, 2022.