- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 package hashbrowns (4 cups)
- 1 lb country sausage (jimmy dean)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- 2 cups parmesan
- 2¼ cups milk
- 8 large eggs
- 8 cups french bread cubed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter and saute the onions and the hashbrowns for 7-10 minutes until soft.
- Cook sausage and drain.
- In a large bowl, mix the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper.
- In a greased baking dish, layer bread, hashbrowns & onions, sausage, and cheese.
- Pour egg mixture on top.
- Top with additional cheddar cheese and bake for 50-60 minutes until hot and bubbly.
Join our FACEBOOK GROUP to see all of our recipes in one place!
Did you try this recipe? Hashtag #bakedinthesouth so I can see!
And be sure to subscribe for free weekly recipes delivered straight to your inbox!