- 1 lb. spagetti
- 1 jar of your favorite spagetti sauce, I like prego:
- 16 oz. shredded cheese
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 lb. chicken breast, pounded thin to 1/4 inch thickness or use cutlets
- 1 cup seasoned breadcrumbs, I like progresso italian
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. Boil 1lb spagetti according to box, drain and spread in the bottom of a 9x 13 baking dish
- Heat about a 1/3 inch vegetable oil in bottom of large frying pan until hot, but not smoking. You are only pan frying, so you may need to add more oil halfway through cooking. Just keep an eye on the level and the temperature.
- Prepare a breading station. Place breadcrumbs in one shallow bowl and whisk together eggs and milk in another shallow bowl.
- Dip chicken cutlets in egg wash first, then coat completely in breadcrumbs.
- Place chicken in hot oil and pan-fry until brown on both sides.
- Frying in batches, transfer cooked chicken to plate
- Layer chicken, side by side, on top of cooked pasta.
- Pour entire jar of spagetti sauce over top of chicken, using a spoon to spread evenly and cover all corners.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese on top of spagetti sauce and then sprinkle on parmesan cheese. I sometimes sprinkle extra basil and oregano on top as well
- Bake at 400 degrees for 40-50 minutes until hot, brown and bubbly.
- Serve with large tossed salad and hot garlic bread!
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g