I love a good coffee cake and this version tastes just like the real thing! The recipe makes a large cake, enough to serve 8-10 people. Great for holidays or Sunday Brunch!
For the Streusel Topping:
1 c. flour
1 c. light brown sugar
2 t. cinnamon
3/4 cup butter (one and a half sticks)
For the Cake:
3/4 c. butter softened
1/3 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 T. vegetable oil
2 t. vanilla
2 c. flour
1 t. baking powder
1/4 t. baking soda
1/4 t. salt
1/3 c. buttermilk
1/3 c. whole milk
For the Cinnamon Strip:
1/3 c. brown sugar
1 t. cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees
2. Prepare the streusel topping by combining flour, light brown sugar, cinnamon and softened butter in large bowl. I used a whisk to chop up the butter into small pieces. It should be mixed well & crumbly.
3. In large mixing bowl, prepare the cake mix by creaming butter, brown sugar, and sugar together. Add eggs, oil, vanilla.
4. In separate bowl, mix dry ingredients, flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt. Add to wet mixture and then add the buttermilk and whole milk and mix well.
5. Make cinnamon sugar strip by mixing the brown sugar and cinnamon in small bowl
6. Grease and lightly flour a 9×13 baking dish and add 1/2 of the cake mixture. Sprinkle cinnamon sugar on top of cake layer evenly and pat it down into the cake mix. Using a greased plastic spatula to spread remaining cake mixture over entire layer of bottom cake and cinnamon sugar.
7. Sprinkle the streusel topping over the entire top of cake.
8. Bake at 325 degrees for 50-55 minutes. Serve with hot coffee! yummo!
Sign up for FREE recipes & printables straight to your inbox!