You may also like my other popular recipes! You can find them at the bottom of this post!
Here are my Favorite’s on Amazon!
Visit our Boutique!
Join our FACEBOOK GROUP to see all of our recipes in one place!
And be sure to subscribe for free weekly recipes delivered straight to your inbox!
Thank y’all so much for stopping by! Come on back now, ya here?!
- 1 lb. spagetti
- 1 jar of your favorite spagetti sauce ( I like prego:)
- 16 oz. shredded cheese
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- 1 large fresh eggplant (peeled and sliced into ¾ inch rounds)
- 1 cup seasoned breadcrumbs ( I like Progresso Italian)
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 1 cup vegetable oil ( you may need more)
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. Boil 1lb spagetti according to box, drain and spread in the bottom of a 9x 13 baking dish
- Heat about a ⅓ inch vegetable oil in bottom of large frying pan until hot, but not smoking. You are only pan frying, so you may need to add more oil halfway through cooking all the eggplant. Just keep an eye on the level and the temperature.
- Prepare a breading station. Place breadcrumbs in one shallow bowl and whisk together eggs and milk in another shallow bowl.
- Dip eggplant slices in egg wash first, then coat completely in breadcrumbs.
- Place eggplant in hot oil and pan-fry until brown on both sides. If the eggplant or oil begins to burn, turn down the heat and add a little more oil.
- Frying in batches, transfer cooked eggplant to plate and add more eggplant until all pieces are cooked.
- Layer sliced eggplant, side by side, on top of cooked pasta. You may have extra left over.
- Pour entire jar of spagetti sauce over top of eggplant, using a spoon to spread evenly and cover all corners.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese on top of spagetti sauce and then sprinkle on parmesan cheese. I sometimes sprinkle extra basil and oregano on top as well
- Bake at 400 degrees for 40-50 minutes until hot, brown and bubbly.
- Serve with large tossed salad and hot garlic bread!