Happy Fall Ya’ll! I made you some cupcakes! It’s my favorite time of year, especially now that Starbuck’s has their Pumpkin Spice Latte back. I thought I’d try to replicate the yummy pumpkin flavor in these delicious cupcakes. These aren’t dry like most pumpkin recipes and they are sweet & moist like cake rather than dense like muffins. So get yourself a pumpkin spice latte and bake these little bits of goodness!
For the Cupcakes:
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 t. ground cinnamon
1 t. groung nutmeg
1 t. allspice
2 T. espresso powder
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin
1-2/3 cups granulated sugar
1 cup canola oil
For the Frosting:
8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
½ cup (1 stick) butter, at room temperature
3 cups powdered sugar (1 box)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 24 muffin tin with liners
2. In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
3. In a large mixing bowl (I used my kitchen aid mixer), mix together the pumpkin, sugar, oil and eggs until smooth and thoroughly combined. Slowly pour in the flour mixture and mix until incorporated.
4. Use an ice cream scoop to measure out uniform cupcakes or fill liners 2/3 full.
5. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a thin knife inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove from the oven and cool completely before frosting.
6. To make the frosting, cream together the butter and cream cheese until smooth. Add the powdered sugar. Mix in the vanilla extract.
7. Pipe the frosting onto the cooled cupcakes and top with some ground cinnamon!