For the Cake:
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 t. ground cinnamon
1 t. groung nutmeg
1 t. allspice
2 T. espresso powder
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin
1-2/3 cups granulated sugar
1 cup canola oil
For the Frosting:
8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
½ cup (1 stick) butter, at room temperature
3 cups powdered sugar (1 box)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9×13 pan
2. In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
3. In another large mixing bowl (I used my kitchen aid mixer), mix together the pumpkin, sugar, oil and eggs until smooth and thoroughly combined. Slowly pour in the above flour mixture and mix until incorporated.
4. Pour batter into a greased 9×13 baking dish
5. Bake for 30 minutes or until a thin knife inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove from the oven and cool completely.
6. To make the frosting, cream together the butter and cream cheese until smooth. Add the powdered sugar. Mix in the vanilla extract.
7. Layer bits of cake and piped frosting into shot glasses and top with some ground cinnamon.