I had never had this Crockpot Brunswick Stew Recipe until recently and boy is it good! It has so much flavor, it’s super easy to make and it is relatively healthy too! I make this recipe at least once a week in the winter. I love soups on a cold winter night and I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do!
- 6 chicken tenders or 1 lb. chicken breasts
- 1 can yellow corn drained
- 2 cups butter beans
- 2 cups canned tomatoes
- 2 white potatoes cut in cubes
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 ribs celery chopped
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup barbecue
- 2 t. onion powder
- 2 t. garlic powder
- 2 T. brown sugar
- 1 T. Worcestershire
- 1 t. hot sauce
- 2 T. butter
- 3 cups chicken stock
To make ahead:
- Place all items except the chicken stock in a large freezer bag.
- Label the bag and make a note to add 3 cups of chicken to crockpot before cooking.
- Once you are ready to cook, thaw the bag just enough to empty contents into crockpot.
- You don't have to thaw the ingredients completely, they can be cooked from frozen.
- Place ingredients along with 3 cups of chicken stock to large crockpot. Cook on low-medium 5-6 hours. Remove cooked chicken tenders from stew, shred them and return to the stew. Serve with warm cornbread muffins!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
Join our FACEBOOK GROUP to see all of our recipes in one place!
Did you try this recipe? Hashtag #bakedinthesouth so I can see!
And be sure to subscribe for free weekly recipes delivered straight to your inbox!