This Lemon Artichoke Pasta is amazing!!!! It’s light, fresh flavor is great for summer dinner parties! Or just super easy to toss together on a Tuesday night. Pair with a nice Pinot Grigio and some crunchy garlic bread. Your date will surely be impressed;)
- 1 small lemon
- 12 oz (350 g) uncooked spaghetti, broken in half
- 4 cups (1 L) unsalted chicken stock (see Cook’s Tips)
- 1 can (14 oz or 398 mL) quartered artichoke hearts in water
- 1 cup (250 mL) loosely packed fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) olive oil
- 2 1/2 tsp (12 mL) Lemon Pepper Rub
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 oz (60 g) fresh Parmesan cheese (1/2 cup/125 mL grated)
- 2 medium zucchini
- Salt (optional)
- Cook Pasta until al dente in our Rockcrok® (4-qt./3.8-L) Dutch Oven
- Drain artichokes in small Stainless Mesh Colander. Process parsley in Manual Food Processor until finely chopped. Add artichokes, oil, rub and garlic pressed with Garlic Press. Process again until artichokes are coarsely chopped, scraping down sides of bowl as necessary with Mini Skinny Scraper. Using Citrus Press, juice lemon to measure 2 tbsp (30 mL) and add
- Using Microplane® Adjustable Fine Grater, grate Parmesan; set aside. Cut off ends of zucchini. Using Julienne Peeler, cut zucchini into long strips (avoiding seeds) to measure 2 cups (500 mL). Cut strips in half with Utility Knife.
- Add artichoke mixture, Parmesan and zucchini to Dutch Oven. Toss to coat with Chef’s Tongs. Let stand, covered, 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt, if desired.
- 6 servings
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 380, Total Fat 13 g, Saturated Fat 3 g, Cholesterol 5 mg, Sodium 500 mg, Carbohydrate 49 g, Fiber 4 g, Protein 16 g
To make this recipe vegetarian, you may substitute unsalted vegetable stock or low-sodium vegetable broth for the unsalted chicken stock.
You can substitute ¼ cup (50 mL) Garlic-Infused Canola Oil* for the olive oil and omit the garlic.
You can add 12 oz (350 g) cooked boneless, skinless chicken breasts or 12 oz (350 g) peeled and deveined, large cooked shrimp to the pasta.