y’all know I love a good bread pudding! wait till you try this pumpkin goodness
PUMPKIN BREAD PUDDING
- 1 loaf 16 ounces raisin bread
- 1 can 12 ounces evaporated milk
- 1 can 15 ounces solid pack pumpkin
- 1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons sugar divided
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1/4 cup pecans chopped
- Vanilla frozen yogurt or thawed frozen fat-free whipped topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly brush Medium Rectangular Baker with canola oil using Chef's Silicone Basting Brush. Slice bread into 1-inch cubes; set aside.
- Pour evaporated milk into small microwave-safe bowl; microwave on HIGH 3 minutes or until hot. In large bowl, whisk pumpkin, 1/2 cup of the sugar, eggs, spice blend and orange zest until smooth. Gradually whisk hot milk into pumpkin mixture.
- Place half of the bread cubes over bottom of baker; pour half of the pumpkin mixture over bread. Top with remaining bread cubes and remaining pumpkin mixture. Sprinkle pecans evenly over bread. Sprinkle with remaining sugar. Bake 25-30 minutes or until set. Let stand 15 minutes before serving. Serve with frozen yogurt or whipped topping, if desired.