you need to make these little bits of goodness as soon as possible
SWEET CORN & CRAB POPPERS
- ⅔ cup (150 mL) unseasoned dry bread crumbs, divided
- ¾ cup (175 mL) thawed frozen corn kernels
- ½ small red bell pepper
- 1 pkg (.75 oz) fresh chives (about ¼ cup/50 mL finely chopped), divided
- 1 can (6 oz/175 g) lump crabmeat, drained
- ½ cup (125 mL) mayonnaise, divided
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ½ tsp (2 mL) coarsely ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1 lemon
- ⅛ tsp (0.5 mL) cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 425ºF (220ºC). Spray cups of Mini-Muffin Pan with nonstick cooking spray. Sprinkle cups with ⅓ cup (75 mL) of the bread crumbs, gently tapping and rotating to coat.
- Finely chop corn and bell pepper. Blot bell pepper dry with paper towels. Finely chop chives; set aside 1 tbsp (15 mL) for garnish. Combine corn, bell pepper, remaining 3 tbsp (45 mL) chives, crabmeat, ¼ cup (50 mL) of the mayonnaise, egg, remaining ⅓ cup (75 mL) bread crumbs, black pepper and salt.
- Divide crab mixture evenly among cups of pan. Bake 8–10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool poppers in pan 2 minutes; remove from pan to cooling rack.
- Meanwhile, for sauce, juice lemon to measure 1 tsp (5 mL). Combine juice, cayenne pepper and remaining ¼ cup (50 mL) mayonnaise in (1-cup/250-mL) Prep Bowl; mix well. Top poppers with sauce and reserved chives.