Stone Fruit Galette
- ½ pounds peaches
- ½ lb blueberries
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar (1/2 cup if using apricots)
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 pie crust
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Sanding sugar (optional), for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment. Stir together fruit, granulated sugar, lemon juice, salt.
- Roll out pie crust on to baking sheet. Arrange fruit in center, leaving a 2-inch border.Fold over border to enclose fruit, leaving center open. Brush crust with egg, and sprinkle with sanding sugar.
- Bake until golden brown and bubbling in center, about 1 hour 10 minutes. Let cool on baking sheet 10 minutes, then slide galette on parchment onto a wire rack. Let cool completely.