As you may already know, I have a “thang” for mac & cheese. I would eat it every day if it wouldn’t make me weigh 400 lbs:) and I’ve been on a diet recently, so ain’t nobody got time for that:) Anywho…this mac & cheese is super easy to make and doesn’t come out of a box. I know, I know, velveeta technically isn’t even real cheese, but who cares, the stuff is pure goodness. I decided to be “fancy” and use cavatappi pasta, which is super good if you haven’t tried it yet. This dish is true southern delishishnisss! I mean seriously…
go ahead…you know you want too…
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 cup milk
- ½ lb. (8 oz.) VELVEETA, cut into ½-inch cubes
- 2 cups elbow macaroni, cooked
- ½ cup KRAFT Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- ¼ cup seasoned bread crumbs (I ground up some parmesan croutons)
- HEAT oven to 350°F.
- MELT butter in medium saucepan on medium heat. Whisk in flour; cook 2 min., stirring constantly. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to boil; cook and stir 3 to 5 min. or until thickened. Add VELVEETA; cook 3 min. or until melted, stirring frequently. Stir in macaroni.
- SPOON into 2-qt. casserole sprayed with cooking spray; sprinkle with cheddar and bread crumbs.
- BAKE 20 min. or until heated through.