As you may already know, I have a “thang” for Velveeta Mac & Cheese. I would eat it every day if it wouldn’t make me weigh 400 lbs:) and I’ve been on a diet recently, so ain’t nobody got time for that:) Anywho…this mac & cheese is super easy to make and doesn’t come out of a box. I know, I know, velveeta technically isn’t even real cheese, but who cares, the stuff is pure goodness. I decided to be “fancy” and use cavatappi pasta, which is super good if you haven’t tried it yet. This dish is true southern delishishnisss! I mean seriously…
go ahead…you know you want too…Printable recipe is below!!!!
Join our FACEBOOK GROUP to see all of our recipes in one place!
And be sure to subscribe for free weekly recipes delivered straight to your inbox!
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 cup milk
- ½ lb. (8 oz.) VELVEETA, cut into ½-inch cubes
- 2 cups elbow macaroni, cooked
- ½ cup KRAFT Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- ¼ cup seasoned bread crumbs (I ground up some parmesan croutons)
- HEAT oven to 350°F.
- MELT butter in medium saucepan on medium heat. Whisk in flour; cook 2 min., stirring constantly. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to boil; cook and stir 3 to 5 min. or until thickened. Add VELVEETA; cook 3 min. or until melted, stirring frequently. Stir in macaroni.
- SPOON into 2-qt. casserole sprayed with cooking spray; sprinkle with cheddar and bread crumbs.
- BAKE 20 min. or until heated through.