- 1½ cups graham cracker crumbs (about 15 whole crackers ground in processor)
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- 2½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- ¾ cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup whole milk
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate (do not exceed 61% cacao), chopped
- ½ cup (scant) heavy whipping cream
- ¾ cup plus one 7-ounce jar marshmallow creme
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- 12 1-inch pieces broken graham crackers (for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 12 standard muffin cups with paper liners. Mix graham crumbs, flour, baking powder, and pinch of salt in medium bowl. Beat butter and sugar in large bowl until light and fluffy. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating to blend between additions. Beat in vanilla. Add graham-cracker mixture in 3 additions alternately with milk in 2 additions, beginning and ending with graham-cracker mixture. Divide batter among muffin cups.
- Bake cupcakes until tester inserted into center come out clean, about 22 minutes. Transfer cupcakes to rack; cool completely.
- Place chocolate in medium bowl. Bring cream just to boil in small saucepan; pour over chocolate. Let stand 1 minute; stir until smooth. Cool ganache until lukewarm.
- Push apple corer about 1 inch into top of each cupcake; remove cake, forming hole. Spoon ¾ cup marshmallow creme into resealable plastic bag, pushing into 1 bottom corner. Cut ½ inch off corner. Pipe into holes in cupcakes. Spread 2 teaspoons ganache over each cupcake. DO AHEAD Can be made 8 hours ahead. Let stand at room temperature.
- Preheat broiler. Coar rimmed baking sheet with nonstick spray. Spoon dollops of marshmallow creme on sheet. Broil until slightly charred, 1 to 2 minutes. Spoon dollop of charred cremem over each cupcake; garnish with piece of graham cracker.