These make a fabulous appetizer! I serve them at parties and people rave about them. They are very easy to make and can be pre-made and frozen ahead of time.
1 10-ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
1/2 cup crumbled feta
1/4 cup minced onion
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon chopped dill
1 teaspoon minced garlic
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 large eggs
1 package of phyllo dough thawed
Squeeze out as much liquid from the thawed spinach until dry.
Mix spinach and next 5 ingredients in a medium bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper. In a small bowl, beat 1 egg to blend; fold into spinach mixture.
- Place 1 sheet of phyllo on work surface, keeping remainder covered with a damp towel to prevent drying out.
- Brush lightly with some of the butter and pile 2 Tablespoons of spinach mixture in bottom right corner. Fold over diagonally into a triangle shape and continue folding up until you have a triangle package.
- Place on a lightly greased baking dish; brush with remaining butter.
- If making ahead, cover and refrigerate for up to 8 hours.
- Bake in 350 degree F oven until crisp and golden, about 45 minutes.