- 2 1/2 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 3/4 cup cold whole milk
- 4 tablespoons cold butter (1/2 stick)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (heaping), grated
- Brush on Top
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Mix Bisquick with cold butter in a medium bowl using a pastry cutter .
- Add cheddar cheese, milk, and 1/4 teaspoon garlic.
- Using an ice cream scoop, drop portions of the dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet and tap down slightly to flatten
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes or until the tops of the biscuits begin to turn light brown.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter is a small bowl and stir in 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder and the dried parsley flakes.
- Use a brush to spread this garlic butter over the tops of all the biscuits.
Makes one dozen biscuits.
Recipe courtesy of Todd Wilbur, “Top Secret Restaurant Recipes 2,” Plume Books.